Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Inside the neighbors house





Today Christine and I got to go IN the capitol building. It is the peoples building but they are very super strict on the entering and checking your bags so know when you go visit you can not bring food or water. We lost the end of the very delicious brownies with york pattys in them at the check point, it was sad. Very beautiful and they have a bazillion statues after sending out a thing that each state could send 2. I thought the best is the one from Hawaii of King Kamehameha that weighs something like 5000 lbs so they have to keep it in this corner. The state of Florida sent one of the guy that invented AC love that guy. Dome of the capitol on the outside is different than the dome you see inside because of some crazy construction, I took a pix of the diagram for you. Later we hit the Library of Congress that is very beautiful inside and then got us some passes to go see Congress doing its thing. We sat in the room for a good 30 minutes got to do the pledge of allegiance and I can tell you that when you watch the state of the union the balcony is only like 3-4 rows deep. I was surprised by this I always thought it appeared larger. I am now wondering what David Letterman's balcony is like in person, might have to get up there to see.

No comments: