Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tiger man

OK I admit people amuse me. The guy I got to sit next to on the plane from Minnesota to LA for our flight to Hawaii was over the top and needs some time spent telling you all about him. First off we are boarding the plane and looking for overhead bin space and there was a guy coming up the aisle as everyone was trying to come down and I said to him, can you step into a seat so we can get past you. He was kind of frantic and was yelling at someone further up in the plane so I tried to just disregard him all together. I went to row 30 where we were sitting and put my butt in the aisle chair waiting for Mike to come down the aisle to take the window and I would move to the center seat. The "guy" yells down the aisle to me "hey that's my seat" I was like is this guy for real, I yelled back I would be moving over and to keep his shirt on. Really I should have said pants because then I realized he was wearing tiger striped zooba pants. Mike and I went through our "sorry roger you tiger now" giggles and settled in. Tiger guy comes and takes his seat on the aisle and is leaning over me to look out the window, when he informs me that they are loading his dog on the plane and he is sitting back here with us so he can watch and make sure they do not drop any dogs. Automatically I am like OK this guy is worried about his dog, I can simmer. Further inspection shows this guy has a ponytail and has put on tiger striped reading glasses, more giggles. So of course we start talking and he tells us he is a taxidermist in MN and I had to ask, does he have a tiger. Apparently yes, but it is a rug, in a box and an antique. He is on his way to LA for the Ultimate Dog Championships and his dog is a champion in the agility category. Celebrity sighting this early in our trip, so lucky am I. Over time I learn his wife makes his zoobas because they do not make them anymore, and she likes to find the crazy fabric for him, because it is his schtick. sure. Zooba pants were created in MN so he is just a home town guy going to a big city to show off his champion dog. We wished him well and I can not find a picture of him on the internet or I would have one here for you, because seriously he was a genuine character.

No comments: