Saturday, October 13, 2007

Solar Decathalon





Fun things happen in DC this is one of the more interesting. Solar Decathlon was getting set up on the mall for weeks and finally we got to go check it out. With everyone else, this mall was like the other mall at Christmas. We did not get to go into a house because the wait was an hour to go in one and I do not have that kind of patience. Very cool event and my favorite house, of the 20 that were there, from the aesthetics of exterior was the one from the University of Colorado at Boulder they had won the last two decathlons, but not this year.
http://www.solardecathlon.org/scores_standings.html#first
We did see the houses on the Navy's Birthday so I made the Mikes walk to the Navy Memorial and they let me take their picture. We then went to this cute place called Teaism that serves, tea. Rachel Ray went there on her $40 a day excursion and now I have too. They have some kind of chocolate cookies that will haunt me if I ever eat them. They only come in a pack of 6 so I have not bought them because that would very quickly lead to me eating 6 cookies, well 5 if I share with Mike. If they sold a single cookie I would be in business, but something tells me this is for the best.

For the record this is the first day I have worn Jeans or more global long pants since we moved here. Fall you are welcome bring it.

No comments: